How orthodontic treatment from your dentists in Canton, OH, can straighten your smile no matter what your age
Orthodontic treatment is a great investment in your child’s smile. After all, straight teeth are more attractive, easier to keep clean, and improve chewing function. So, what exactly is the best age to begin orthodontic treatment? It turns out, an orthodontic consultation should happen when your child is 8 to 10 years old because your child will have both baby teeth and permanent teeth.
The dentists of Rhonda Company and Andrea Company & Associates, in Canton, OH, offer comprehensive dental care, including orthodontic treatment to straighten smiles.
Orthodontic treatment may be accomplished in multiple phases, depending on your child’s individual case. Children’s teeth are typically easier to move with orthodontic treatment because the roots aren’t fully formed. That’s why it’s often better to begin orthodontic treatment early.
If you are an adult and want a straighter smile, there’s good news for you too! Modern orthodontic treatment can be used effectively on adults
Whether it’s you or your children who need orthodontic treatment, remember that a straighter smile offers many important benefits like these:
- A more attractive look that will get you noticed, which can boost your self-esteem and self-confidence
- Teeth that are easier to brush and floss, reducing your risk of tooth decay and periodontal disease
- Less stress on your teeth when you bite or chew, leading to a reduced need for dental restorations like fillings and crowns
- Less stress on your jaws when you bite or chew, leading to less chance of developing jaw pain or TMJ problems
There are several types of orthodontic treatment, including:
- Braces with metal brackets and metal wires
- Braces with ceramic brackets and tooth-colored wires
- Braces that are cemented onto the back surfaces of your teeth (lingual braces)
Invisalign is another orthodontic option that is popular, especially for adults. Invisalign uses aligners, which are dental appliances worn throughout the day. They can be removed when you brush, floss, or eat, making them a great choice to keep your smile healthy.
To learn more about how orthodontic treatment and the orthodontic process can help your smile, call the dentists of Rhonda Company and Andrea Company & Associates, in Canton, OH, at (330) 455-0706. Call now!